A dull and dark skin can be caused by several factors like; environmental pollution, stress, certain medical conditions, overexposure to sun’s rays, use of cosmetics and poor lifestyle choices. However, you don’t have to spend a lot of money and time on whitening your skin since there are natural ways that can effectively whiten your skin complexion.
There are several methods that are healthy and which you can apply to get a white skin so quickly at your home, without causing you any side effects. You can achieve a white skin if you combine a healthy diet with the natural treatments for skin.
Here are the top healthy diet tips and natural ways for skin whitening:
1. How To Whiten Skin Using Licorice Root Extract
Using licorice root extract is one of the best natural remedies that you can use to whiten your skin very fast. It’s an extract that cures so many skin diseases, scars and dark circles. The compound in licorice, named glabridin has the ability to absorb ultraviolet rays and works as very effective and powerful element that whitens the skin quickly.
This active compound helps in preventing the enzyme that causes skin darkness, which comes as a result of exposure to the sun. It also helps in the reduction of melanin production and balancing of skin cells.
The following ways show how you can whiten your skin using this extract:
- Apply licorice extract to your dark skin using cotton a ball before going to bed. Let it stay overnight then rinse it off the next morning. Repeat this regularly in order to obtain best results.
- Prepare 2 to 5 drops of licorice extract, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of tomato juice, 1 cucumber and 1 tablespoon of sandalwood paste. Then blend all of these ingredients to make a paste to apply on your skin. Leave it for 20 to minutes then rinse with water. Repeat twice a week to get best results.
2. How To Whiten Skin Using Bearberry Extract
Bearberry has a natural astringent and skin whitening properties. It’s widely used in cosmetic products. There are compounds in bearberry that have amazing effects on the dark skin. These compounds help in preventing melanin production and lightening the dark skin too. The hydroquinone compound has anti-oxidant properties which cleanse the skin and increase cell turnover, thereby removing the dead and old skin cells to make the skin brighter.
Follow the two ways below:
- Take bearberry extract then add it to the lotion cream you use, then apply every day to achieve best results.
- Dilute bearberry extract in some water. Apply to your dark skin twice every day.
3. How To Whiten Your Skin Using Almond Oil And Banana Pack
Bananas are rich in vitamins B6 and C which help in the production of collagen in the skin. This helps in the maintenance of skin elasticity and suppleness. Vitamin C is important in improving skin complexion.
Almond oil has vitamin A, D and E which act as antioxidants that promote overall skin health. It also has anti-inflammatory properties which make it able to deal with skin allergies and infections. Furthermore, the skin protection from UV rays is guaranteed.
The steps to follow are shown below:
- Prepare 1 ripe banana and 1 tablespoon of almond oil.
- Mash the banana to come up with a paste and then add it to the almond oil.
- Mix properly then apply on the dark skin.
- Leave it for twenty minutes on the skin and then wash it off using water.
4. How to whiten your skin using mulberry extract
Mulberry extract is mostly used in cosmetic products. It prevents tyrosine activity which determines the production of melanin. It has phenolic flavonoids and fatty acids which are so beneficial to your skin.
This is how you can whiten your skin using mulberry extract:
- Take the mulberry extract and add it to your regular lotion cream.
- Apply on your skin.
- Repeat twice a day.
5. How to whiten your skin using milk and strawberry pack
The juice found in strawberries is extremely effective in curing pimple scars and reducing skin damage that can be caused as a result of overexposure to sun’s rays. It is also a very rich source of folic acid and vitamin C which help in the production of collagen.
You can follow the following steps to whiten your skin using this pack:
- Prepare 2 ripe straw berries with 1 tablespoon of raw milk.
- Mash the ripe strawberries to make a smooth paste, then add raw milk to it and mix well.
- Apply on your dark skin and leave for twenty minutes before washing it off.
6. How To Whiten Your Skin Using Lavender Essential Oil
This type of oil is used in the manufacture of so many soaps and skin creams because of its calming effect. It possesses healing properties that can remove scars and marks from the skin. With regular application, it can brighten your skin.
Follow this method to whiten your skin using lavender essential:
- Mix 3 to 4 drops of lavender essential oil with 1 tablespoon of carrier oil.
- Apply this mixture on your skin and leave it for 20-30 minutes or keep it on overnight.
- Do it every day before going to bed.
7. How To Whiten Your Skin Using Orange Essential Oil
This essential oil helps in promoting collagen production and hence combats ageing signs like dark spots and wrinkles. It also protects your skin from the damage which can be caused by exposing yourself to UV rays.
Follow this recipe to whiten your skin with this oil:
- Take a few drops of orange and coconut oils and mix them.
- Massage into the skin area for 4-5 minutes.
- Leave it for a couple of minutes and then wash it off using warm water.
- Do it every day for 1-2 weeks.
8. How To Whiten Your Skin Using Sandalwood Face Mask
Sandalwood face mask softens the skin hence providing it with a natural pink glow. It’s extremely effective in removing blemishes and preventing pimple scars.
The following explains how to whiten your skin using sandalwood:
- Make a paste by mixing 2 tablespoons of sandalwood with rose water.
- Clean your face using water before you apply the paste and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
Wash it off using cold water.