A young Texas girl is battling for her life after she was contaminated with a fatal brain eating amoeba following a day spent swimming in a river, according to reports.
Lily Mae Avant, 10 years old, went swimming over Labor Day weekend in the Brazos River near Waco, where doctors consider she contracted the often fatal Naegleria fowleri amoeba.
The Day’s after her swim, the Valley Mills Elementary School student began feeling a fever and a headache, according to the station.
She seemed to be experiencing from symptoms of a common virus, her family said they still believed that ‘something was not quite right,’ according to a Facebook page started to support Lily.
Then one night, Lily’s mother heard worrying noises coming from her daughter’s room.
“She was incoherent, unresponsive and was quickly swept up and brought to the ER,” the page said.
The girl was then rushed to Cook Children’s Health Care System in Forth Worth, where a spinal tap showed she had contracted Naegleriasis, a rare virus caused by the amoeba.
GG Trending is an independent blog network covers mainly top trending stories. We wrote new viral articles, trends guides and latest trending news today.
© 2020 GG Trending